That’s where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory.
This is a semi-whenever list of interesting articles, podcasts and videos that I come across during the week. Hope you enjoy it, have something new to think about, and share it with your friends.
Like everyone else, this week was filled heavy reading around Coronavirus, what it means to work from home/remote, and general panic. At one point, I had to unsubscribe to the work Slack channel as it was just too much. Please stay healthy, and stay home!
Here’s this weeks “Deep Links”
Mastercard is pioneering new payment technology that identifies commuters by the way they walk. New technology using behavioral biometrics (such as gait, face, heartbeat and veins for cutting edge payment systems of the future) seem to be the next evolution — More
Recently I have discovered “Dot-Grid” paper with notebooks — the hybrid is simply a superior form of paper (which is described as “a halfway house between lines, plain, and grid, those subtle dots provide structure when you need it and freedom when you don’t”) and I’ve upgraded exclusively to it — More
Need to get more in line with this for meetings, personally, but I like the ideas of having a “single agenda” concept where you “fit the agenda on one page and ensure any supporting documents fit entirely on one page” — More
On the COVID-19 front, a few articles really made me think:
- Are the electric hand dryer’s really that much safer? New evidence looks like they’ve been blowing particles onto your clothes instead. — More
- Almost prophetic — Bill Gates gave a talk in 2015 at TED around how we are not ready for the new outbreak — Watch
- Early last week, when everyone started talking about “social distancing” — this seemed like an extreme. 5 days later, we are here — More
Given most of folks are starting to work from home, a few great tips and tricks from those that have been doing this already:
- Work in the Time of Corona — More
- How Progressive Companies Survive and Thrive In Crises — More
- Life with COVID-19 — More
- OMG I’m working remotely, now what?! — More
- Crisis Leadership — More
- Google Research Reveals 7 Secrets of Successful Remote Teams — More
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well.
Your friend, Andy.